The Bolshoi Ballet Academy Summer Intensive is a selective program which offers its participants a one of a kind, unparalleled training and cross-cultural opportunity with leading teachers from the Bolshoi Academy who have trained and continue to train some of the biggest stars on the world’s ballet stages. Because of our commitment to small classes and the high caliber of the program, the Russian American Foundation is able to offer only a small number of scholarship opportunities, as follows:
- MERIT-BASED FOR EXTRAORDINARY TALENT – RAF recognizes the enormous talent and dedication of many students interested in its program. Due to RAF’s desire for the most impartial award process, please note that RAF awards merit-based scholarships through the Youth America Grand Prix Competition. For further information and registration please visit YAGP.org. In a rare instance, RAF does reserve its right to award merit-based scholarships to students participating in its live national auditions. Such awards are by invitation only.
- NEED-BASED FOR EXTRAORDINARY TALENT – RAF recognizes that, in some cases, talented students are prohibited from participating due to financial constraints. In such cases, after receiving an Acceptance Letter, RAF suggests that families contact the BBASI program. Please be advised that any request for financial aid must be accompanied by:
- Two (2) most recent official and filed Tax Returns. Please do not submit W-2 or 1099 forms. Please black out your SS#.
- If you feel appropriate to submit an additional narrative, please ensure that it is no longer than one page.
- FOR RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY – did you apply for the 2017 International Education Week scholarship? If not, please explain why.
- For the BBASI NY Program, please send your paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the BBASI CT Program, please send your paperwork to email@example.com. For the BBASI Prep Program, please send your paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax it: 212.687.5558 or mail it: BBASI/ Financial Aid Scholarship Request, Russian American Foundation, Inc., 1560 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10036. We ask that you await our response prior to registering for the program. The response will be sent to the email address(es) on file.
- TRAINING AND PERFORMING SCHOLARSHIP AT THE MOSCOW BOLSHOI BALLET ACADEMY – RAF is proud to continue its tradition of awarding full scholarships for one female and one male student from its BBASI Programs to travel to Moscow, train for 2 weeks at the Academy, and perform in a Gala Performance among some of today’s leading ballet students. The recipients are selected during the Summer Intensive by the Program’s Academy Teachers and RAF Executive Staff. To be eligible, the student must successfully complete the six-week program. RAF will be responsible for the costs of tuition, economy round trip airfare (NYC-Moscow-NYC), visa processing, Moscow airport transfers, and boarding at the Academy (collectively, the “Scholarship”). Recipients will be required to complete scholarship acceptance documents and a medical evaluation.
- NSLI FOR YOUTH, RUSSIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE, RAF & BOLSHOI WAY – The Russian American Foundation is proud to have been selected as an implementing organization for the prestigious NSLI FOR YOUTH Scholarships to Study Language Abroad Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, in collaboration with American Councils for International Education. This highly successful program allows RAF to send, on a full scholarship, students of ballet to Moscow on a summer educational and pre-professional program. The comprehensive experience combines Russian language instruction, cultural immersion, and ballet training with world-renowned Teachers of Moscow’s Bolshoi Ballet Academy. For detailed information on the program, its eligibility requirements, and the application process, please visit the official program webpage.*
All scholarships are subject to availability.
Russian American Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) public charitable foundation with the mission to encourage interest in and understanding of Russian heritage among all communities in the U.S., as well as to promote reciprocal interest in American heritage among global communities of the former Soviet Union region. RAF welcomes support to expand its ability to offer scholarships to deserving students. For general (not BBASI program related) RAF sponsorship inquiries, please e-mail: email@example.com or send your contributions to:
Russian American Foundation, Inc.
70 West 36th Street, Suite 701
New York, NY 10018
ATTN: Ms. Rina Kirshner
If you have a specific program request, please specify so in the letter. An official tax donation acknowledgement letter will be sent upon receipt of your support.
*Program implementation subject to available funding of the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs